Phone: (704) 608-3754
Al McMillian has over 20 years of business law experience as (i) a large law firm M&A attorney, (ii) a Fortune 100 legal department executive and (iii) an advisor to senior management at corporations, technology joint ventures and start-ups. Mr. McMillian excels at negotiating business transactions, including complex contracts, joint venture agreements, purchase and sales agreements, equity investments and debt. He has experience in several industries, including financial services, energy and technology
Mr. McMillian has advised senior management and boards on regulatory compliance, corporate governance, strategic initiatives and third party risk management. He collaborated across enterprise functions and managed high performing teams. He has represented financial institutions before the OCC on privacy, information security and third party risk management issues.
As a business law specialist, Mr. McMillian has advised companies on formation, contract, finance and governance issues. He’s represented start-ups, small businesses, middle market enterprises and large corporations as well as investors, vendors and consultants to those entities. Mr. McMillian combines legal skills, business acumen and transactions experience to provided trusted counsel to his clients.
- J.D., University of Virginia Law School
- B.A., Wake Forest University
- State of North Carolina
- State of Illinois
Key Accomplishments and Experience
- Deputy CEO and Chief Counsel, 1996 Democratic National Convention
- Associate General Counsel, Bank of America Global Supply Chain and Global Technology & Operations
- Senior Compliance Director, Ally Financial Technology & Operations
- Chief Administrative Officer, clearXchange LLC, a Bank of America payments technology joint venture